Energy and environment are the most important issues in the 21st century. To meet the world trend and the need of social development in Taiwan, the College founded Interdisciplinary Program of Nuclear Science (IPNS) in 2009. Each year, IPNS enrolls 20 undergraduate students and allows students to possess two fields of knowledge as their dual specialties.
Being a double-specialty design, IPNS provides education about low carbon energy such as nuclear, solar and hydrogen energy as well as sustainable environment for undergraduate students as their first specialty. Besides, students can also develop their second specialty from any core courses provided by the other departments in NTHU, based on their interests. The objective is to provide an interdisciplinary education for competitive students.
1. Provide the knowledge about energy and environmental science and engineering.
2. Enable students to think independently and possess dual specialties in cross-linked fields of knowledge.
3. Cultivate future scientists and engineers with an international perspective.
1. Possess the knowledge about energy and environmental science and engineering.
2. Use experiments and simulations to solve scientific challenges.
3. Have writing, reading and briefing skills in both Chinese and English scientific reports.
4. Be capable to plan projects and lead teamwork.
5. Analyze engineering and scientific problems and solve them with innovative ways.
6. Understand the trend of international industries and the impact of energy and environmental science to the world.
7. Realize one’s professional ethics and responsibility to the society.